Your case may be eligible to request deferred disposition in order to avoid a conviction appearing on your drivers record. If you do not meet the guidelines set by the Judge of the Court listed below, your request for deferment will be denied. please read the following terms:
1. You are not eligible to request deferred disposition if at the issuance of your citation, you possess or possessed a Commercial Drivers License.
2. Your deferment request must be processed and complete on the website, on or before the appearance date listed on the bottom of your citation.
3. You must successfully complete 30 days of deferment/probation without being convicted on a subsequent citation in the territorial city limits of Decatur, Texas.
4. If you are under 18 years of age you must also complete a behind the wheel driving test with the Department of Public Safety as well as a Driver Safety Course and return proof of both to the Court before the end of your 30 day deferment/probation period.
5. If you are under 25 years of age you must also complete a Driver Safety Course and return your certificate of completion before the end of your 30 day deferment/probation period.